PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hold Baggage Charges
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2009, 16:08
Dan Air 87

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hold Baggage Charges

Just noted that VAA are charging for hold baggage on what is called a "piece system." Economy passengers will be allowed to check one bag weighing up to 23 kg. free of charge, premium economy passengers will be entitled to two bags weighing up to 23 kg. each and business class passengers can check up to three. Any additional bags will cost £32 per item when booked online or £40 at airport check-in. Economy passengers travelling between London Heathrow and Nairobi or Lagos will be able to check a second bag at no charge.

So why will I be penalised if I was to check in 2 bags from LHR-BOS when the flight time when if I was to go LHR-LHR (flight time more than 6 hours) I can take 2 bags free of charge. Somehow this doesn't seem right to me. Can anyone explain why they are adding this extra charge on top of the fuel duty, APD and anything else that they can seemingly get away with?

I can't see why I should line Bransons purse when I can fly LHR-LOS with Air France or Lufthansa in better aircraft without these additional charges being levied.