PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Olympic
Thread: Olympic
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2009, 15:50
OXOGEKAS340

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Concerning the jobs offered as pilots (Commanders or co-pilots), you must take in account that today, tax is 15%, and and next year tax will rise to approx. 35-38%. No one guarantees minimum hours, but as far as i know, average will be at the 60 hours range. Therefore money in the pocket for an experienced commander, will be around 5.5k net, down to 4k for an un-experienced commander. For co-pilots, numbers are less.
Please take in account, that life in Athens is very-very expensive. For a small app. (80sq.m) you must pay approx. 800 euros, plus 100 electricity, 50 water.
Super market for one person, app. 600 euros. So there isn't enough to send back home.... You must lease or buy a small car (which you can sell later), and fuel is at 1.1 e per liter. The airport is 25 km from Athens, so a 50 km "trip" must be considered.
Going-out with your wive or girl-friend, for dinning, not in an expensive restaurant, will cost app. 50-60 euros. Of course this can rise up to 200-300 easily.
Take those notes in account!
As an "old" 340 commander, I will not "sell" my experience for this money. Although a pilot, i will join HCAA as a SAFA.
Good luck to all of you!