PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anyone here on 617 Sqn?
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2009, 14:46
Double Zero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't mention the dog !

I won't blame any of you if you flame me, but...

At Tangmere Museum, West Sussex ( which is of course not related to the dams raid & 617 ) there is nonetheless a pretty good display of the ' disimproving ' job done on the dams.

Apart from the fluttering model aircraft, the bit I find most interesting is the original bomb-aimers' ' Y ' shaped wooden aiming handle, designed to give the distance off from the dam gun towers.

When getting visitors to try this, I ask them to look down; they're on the painted spot on the floor !

Now, as to the ' flaming ' bit...

There is a group photo', taken some years after WWII, on display.

Central is a black Labrador, though all those ( humans ) present swear they didn't see any such thing.

Tangmere ( the photo' was not taken there, rather Scampton ) - among other airfields - has a reputation for being haunted, as witnessed by myself - didn't believe it 'till I saw it - and much more highly qualified - very qualified people with nothing to gain, and plenty of others.

My personal theory, wot it is, is it's a type of ' stone recording ', I've not heard of a ghost strolling up to someone, kicking them in the shins and saying " Hi, I'm Eric " !

Last edited by Double Zero; 11th Sep 2009 at 15:25.