PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: The Ambidji Report – CASA should get their money back!
Old 11th Sep 2009, 11:44
OZBUSDRIVER

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
If I was McCormick, I would be wandering down to my environmental monitoring outfit in AirServices and ordering them to do a study of BK and JK immeadiately. Record all the tracks within 30nm of the GAAPs and make my decisions based upon recorded data as to whether I would add IRPs or change procedures around INDIVIDUAL IRP according to actual measurments.(Ambidji mentions it....McCormick should have demanded it BEFORE making sweeping changes)

Then I would make a correlation between busiest periods and tower tapes and then make a decision on any need for training or extra resources to alleviate any congestion problems...it could mean each IRP might need an individual sector frequency leading into and out of the circuit area....with a TWR controller dedicated to just watch that bit of airspace and nothing else. Complete with a TSAD set up to best view the data and look up and straight at that bit of airspace....if that is where the risk is then that is where the resources should be placed.

Ambidji missed the trees for the forest of data.