PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet Airways Pilots Strike
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2009, 05:53
Wannabe Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The commander has the supreme right to offload a perceived threat from his aircraft

watch the news , the victory will come

I hope not at a cost to the aviation industry. 7% percent of the workforce making up 40% of the payroll is how the media is describing the Pilots. I feel pilots are management! I have never heard of management forming a union. I appreciate that the only 2 demands are to have the union active and to re instate self styled politicians from within their ranks. Once this is done how long before they start wielding their muscles for salary hikes pensions and other such things as the AI union has done.

A question for the captains who are part of this, reference a thread on PPRUNE about an American Airlines captain landing in Miami and off loading a purser who he felt was insubordinate. A large amount of Pilots felt that it was correct and he perceived that threat and while a bit high handed as the commander of the flight he had the right. Well is not Goyal the commander of your airline? Does he not enjoy the same right to ask a person responsible for hundereds of lives and billions of investment dollars in a company to get off as he felt his actions jeopordized the operation of his aircraft percieved or not?

I for one would not want to put my life in the hands of a disgruntled employee weather it be a train, a plane or Mcdonalds.