PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sydney Kingsford Smith
View Single Post
Old 11th Sep 2009, 01:13
Bort Simpson

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
forky,
don't forget to get a dept slot too. On both the arr and dept slot you have half an hour each side. Pretty generous.

re parking: you will probably have to pay as it's checked three times a day. About 1100ish, 1800ish and 0030ish if memory serves correctly and all depending on what other duties the safety officer has on at the time.

There is a pedestrian gate to get in and out from Dom5. You could go through Hawkers/execujet but I think there min charge is more like 600 bucks. Not 100% on that though.

To get access to the gate, call the ops number in the ersa. It is no longer the correct number due to security being outsourced a while back to SNP but they will be able to pass you the right No. Don't for get your ASIC

The ground controllers will be helpful. Probably not to the extent they are to the likes of China Southern or China Eastern but nothing for you to worry about getting around there. That is for sure.

On another matter: Dito to the comments about coffs tower. I was there with a mate to be his "support" and confidence recently and the tower were a bit crabby to him. Although at other times when I've been in there myself, they have been friendly. Probably comes down to the quality of your RTs.

Bort.

Last edited by Bort Simpson; 11th Sep 2009 at 01:16. Reason: typos