PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VISION THREAD (other than colour vision)
View Single Post
Old 10th Sep 2009, 23:32
danielm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all mates,

I would like to remark what Dr. Arthut Pape posted. He was very useful and has lot of experience in Australia and colorvision tests.
We should create a color defective pilot list and gather against currency regulations; all of us who has this color problems know for sure that we can safely flight every airplane at day or night, even better than most of pilots do.
I can't understand how different are the standars in each country; flying an airplane is the same anywhere. ICAO should work HARDER on this.
US allow pilots to take a signal light test at the airports... I would like to know how many pilots use this lights nowadays, many of them don't even remember what colors mean. This signal lights where used in the beginning of aviation where airplanes don't have radios. It can't never be used in IFR conditions and i can assure you that pilots approaching an airport can't even see this tiny lights from the tower.
Keep posting and disscussing this topic; if we stop, the world aviation will lose millions of incredible and passionate pilots.

Daniel