PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - modern computerised aircraft training
View Single Post
Old 10th Sep 2009, 12:58
Clandestino

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
And why is that?

Lack of artificial feel didn't bother me at all. It feels different compared to classic aircraft but its not difficult to get used to. My right thumb appreciated the rest given. Even when practicing direct law in sim, trim wheel was fast and precise and I broke no sweat while returning the bird with the stricken FBW back to simulated runway. Regarding the sim-real life difference, of a couple of hundred former or current FBW Airbus pilots I've had pleasure to meet, only one has ever had the chance to check direct law in actual aeroplane. I have his word that aeroplane behaves even better than the sim, but that's all I have regarding the subject.

As for priority button being non-intuitive, of course it isn't! Nothing about aviation is intuitive to primarily ground-dwelling mammalians and has to be learnt. While non-interlinked controls deprive you of knowing what is your significant cockpit other doing with his stick, they can save you a lot of effort if he goes unconscious and blocks controls.

During incap training, we were briefed that upon recieving incap tap on the shoulder, we are supposed to slam the stick to full forward and outboard, simulating falling over it. This assured that everyone knew where their AP discon/Stick priority button is and how to use it.