PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Handling charges
View Single Post
Old 10th Sep 2009, 08:56
His dudeness

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
An old tradition, the ripping off.

Regarding the newspapers I have found out that a lot of handlers seem to have an agreement with the news stand owners, they like to deliver yesterdays papers at a premium. But then it seems to be my fault cause I did not say "TODAYS NEWSPAPERS" please... being fed up and walking to the news stand myself I sure enough find todays papers tucked under the old ones. Happend often to me in France, Italy or Spain...

At least one gets a bit of service at Northolt or the like. Looking East is where I get really angry - the worst imaginable service plus the highest fees.

Like Ust-Kamenogorsk, where the 'Handling' agent does not bother to translate at imigration, leaving it to me to explain the officers that crew does not need visas (thank god I have feet and hands to explain with!) and simply does nothing at all - except eat out at the Hotel at our expense.
Without our companies secretary in Alma Aty Iīd probably be still there...

Then the bill arrives and adds up to sumthin around 3000 quid....probably a years wage at Ust-Kamenogorsk in Kasachstan...

Thats why I love all the guys in management that tell me my wage is to high.

What I also love is the introduction of the 'infrastructure fees' at certain airports like Cologne - they argued about having to have freight/baggage handlers belts, CatIII etcetc. When I told them that we donīt need all of that crap they simply did not bother to answer any more.

I want a monopoly too. Must be great to be NOT on the receiving end of one.

Last edited by His dudeness; 11th Sep 2009 at 12:38.