PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QNH vs SAS
Thread: QNH vs SAS
View Single Post
Old 10th Sep 2009, 06:07
chinny

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hi all

Hi eveyone,

Thanks for your inputs-greatly apreciated-it appears that there are still different ways to skin the cat and still a variety of procedures/rules being followed.

I wanted an ATCO as thought they would have the latest access to a definative answer.

The question was raised- as a "new broom sweeping clean" and a new regime is trying to impliment changes and i just wanted to have the correct answer before i shoot my feet off.

What i dont follow is....JAR refs to an AIP which says one thing, and S-I-T provides a pdf manual that states completely the opposite

The procedure i have always used is to have both pilots on the SAS / QNH as appropriate to stage of flt-ie set FL when told to go to one and set QNH when told to go to alt-regardless of your current alt and leave the stby on the pressure your are leaving. I am being told that this is wrong-regardless of where in the world you are.

Always issues with big pressure changes but hopefully that is an airmanship thing that is practiced and dealt with.

Thanks again.

VTSP
chinny