PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LARS Map
Thread: LARS Map
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2009, 22:23
Cusco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with what you say, Cusco, but the patch in Suffolk from Cambridge, over Wattisham to Felixstowe is pretty quiet on the radio at a weekend. Wattisham aren't normally there, it's a bit south for Norwich and a bit N for Southend.
True: but to say there is no LARS in Suffolk at weekends as Gertie did is errant nonsense. Interestingly I've had Norwich Radar talk to me as far down as Bentwaters.

Who on earth wants to fly overhead Felixtowe anyway?

If one has a radio , one should use it. If one doesn't have a radio, one can't use it. If one has a radio and decides not to use it throughout the flight, that is one's (IMHO daft) choice.

If one has a radio and starts to use it , then stops using it having already spoken to a ground station, one is a tw@t, as I think ShyTorque has already intimated.

Edit as crossed with G-t-W

I've flown from inside the LKH/MLD/HON CMATZ for 16 years and have never failed to raise Lakenheath at weekends. Perhaps I have become accustomed to their voice to paraphrase the great song..........

Seriously though folks, perhaps the CAA should superimpose the Farnborough LARS coverage on the next Southern Half Mil in a dinky pastel hue.........

Cusco (dyed-in-the -wool radio user.)