PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air India's turn around plan
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2009, 18:05
TopTup

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Skydancer, I regrettably agree with you.

Jimmy.... Well, you are precisely the problem. You are one of those who have their head so firmly concreted in the sand that you believe you're own rot, what's more you justify it. You would rather turn a blind eye so as not to fail a corrupt sim propagating from a a corrupt SYSTEM. You look after YOURSELF and therefore allow the dispicable system to flourish. Such professionalism!

I have colleagues at Boeing and some are 777 instructors. They all but wash their hands of AI in may respects. And please do not harp on about your TRAINING. It is offensive. You only embarress yourself in front of those who have the backbone to admit what goes on. Again, you deny and embrace it, then justify it.

In "principle" a doctor leaves university with medical degree. Why not allow him/her to operate on you the next day? Just because he/she has no experience or further EFFECTIVE training shouldn't matter should it? So, are we still talking "principles"?

I have seen those 200 hr 777 pilots operate, and many, many others at AI: from Cmdrs to FOs. I tried to improve things, failed those who didn't reach the standard, passed those who did, enforced SOPs, set standards but was harrassed and victimised, so I left. You say "I have no choice?" Well, if your TRAINING and EXPERIENCE is so good, why not go to another airline? Some are beginning to recruit again. MUCH better money, terms and conditions!! Go on! Compare your "STANDARDS" to the rest of the world's pilot body n an interview. Then, if you fail perhaps you could look back on the system you belive so great. If you pass, send me a PM and the first beer is on me.

None of you will because that cash cow of mediocrity still permits you to bathe in your own ill-gotten beliefs of "standards". Sad.

That's me signing off from this thread. My head stopped bleeding from that brick wall a while ago. I'm not going to re-open that gaping wound. Good LUCK, because you are definitely not SAFE.

AI's rescue plan? HA! Look at what those who work there believe in!