PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VFR flight planning and navigation software I've written
Old 9th Sep 2009, 15:55
chickenwingz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking forward to the next version, what a great piece of software. Spot on.

Can I suggest:

Configurable Weight and balance charts
Option to bring up 214/215/414/415 at a button press somewhere
Configurable terrain clearance & MSA

I've set up a dummy route Caernarfon EGCK across Snowdon area and it only seems to place my altitude at 4100ft AMSL when the route leg is within 1-2 miles of the obstacle or spot height.

I'd love it if it had an option to route at 1000ft above anything 5miles either side of track, and MSA set to 1000ft above sectors highest object/spot height (e.g 4900ft AMSL for Snowdon area).

Its got great potential. Also noticed the SWB (Shawbury) VOR seems absent, has it died?

Great software, can't wait for the next beta version...

Suggestions - probably best done as user configurable options:

Allow control of MSA (I prefer 1000ft above MEF for a sector)
Allow control of clearance height about elevations, spot heights and obstacles.
(I routed over the top of Snowdon - 3590ft I think, and it placed me at 4100ft - I'd prefer 1000ft over in case I was not visual)
Allow setting of track width...using Snowdon as my example, only when routing within 1-2 miles of the peak did the software push my height up to 4100ft.

Ideally I'd like to configure the software, for my use, to set 1000ft MSA above MEF for a sector & 1000ft above the highest spot height, elevation or obstacle(+300ft allowance) within 5 miles either side of my routes track....

(Yes, I know its primarily a VFR tool, but with configurability like the above I can make use of it for low level IFR work as well)

Great, great work, keep it up, well impressed......Hats off to you.