PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas S.I.T. Forced Transfers Ballot
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2009, 14:02
QF94

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
QF94 we do not have to 'take it' we didn't during the 18 month fight for a reasonable payrise Is that struggle long forgotten so soon ?
The french created a new word during the war for those who 'assisted' the nazis 'Collaborator' during our war we coined an old word for these people 'Scab'. Today these pieces of dried skin infest Qantas Engineering management.
I may be old school, I may be set in my ways or I simply may be old but I will not forgive, I will not forget and I will certainly not assist them in running my brothers and I into extinction. If they are going to do it then they do it the hard way.
Fixit, no one is saying we have to take it, but the reality is that a number of guys within S.I.T., especially the younger ones, are mostly concerned that:
  1. They have least years within the company
  2. They have least years within the section
With these two points supposedly against them, they feel they have no choice but to go to Base.

I have heard myself within S.I.T. some of the LAME's stating that everything else is based on years of service within the comapny, so should this compulsory transfer, and that is the way they are voting. As for myself, I have both years of service within the company and the section, and won't be affected by this move, but I do feel for the individuals who will be chosen.

I go back to my previous posting before yours. There are those that will sell their own mothers to save their own miserable hides, so selling a few LAME's means nothing to them so long as they can hold on to what they have at whatever cost, no matter the end result.

You can stand and fight all you wish, but when you have your own troops in the trenches with you letting off grenades, you're not only up against management firing at you, but some of your own colleagues. This is the sad but true reality.