PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas S.I.T. Forced Transfers Ballot
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2009, 12:21
QF94

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I say we say NO to any more change until they listen and provide us ALL with equal access to training (For ALL trades), a fair way to aportion it, increased manpower so we can actually take the hundreds of years of leave that is is owed to us..........................
Fixit, that would be the prudent and honourable way to run a business and treat your staff that actually contribute to the running of the business. Unfortunately, as has been said earlier in this thread, it is only the ones that frequent the DMM's and manager's office and carress their egos that actually get anywhere. It is also unfortunate, that it is these same guys that would sell their own mothers to further their aspirations and agendas. We all know that those in the upper echelons are only there because they have no morals, and will do whatever it takes to get there. And when they finally do get there, they end up getting shafted because they couldn't perform the way they said they were going to.

There is nothing fair about the way training is distributed. You only have to take a look around and see which people have gotten training over the years and which haven't. Then with all that training, they're now on A380 leaving their last section short of licences (S.I.T. comes to mind). How do our management address this issue? Diminish customer contracts to a point that we at S.I.T. are "overstaffed".

The bottom line is, aircraft will always need engineers on them. No matter how smart they are. In this case, the management doesn't really care who does it so long as it is done "cost effectively". Alan Joyce is no different to Dixon, only does it with a smile and an Irish accent.

Stand up, Stand up for your rights...................NOW
Most guys feel their rights have been knocked out of them and are too scared (understandably) to stand up to management again. If the ALAEA say they can't really challenge the company, because they are transferring engineers from place to another, then there doesn't appear to be too much to stand up for. As usual, the guys will cop it on the chin and keep soldiering on.