PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Moaning pilots
Thread: Moaning pilots
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2009, 11:32
Lon More

More than just an ATCO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TT No, most said you were just a pain in the neck. I had a much lower opinion of you Where to start? The Wicked witch of the Training Section? The Austrian Dictator (fortunately moved to aairline mis-management)?

ImnotanERIC Naughty Boy, altering quotes like that. I had to go back and check what i'd written. I see a great future for you in the Conservative Party Propaganda Office.

Mention of AMS. High level traffic from the NE had (has?) a restriction to be at FL260 22nm before EEL. This became EEL by common consent and to maintain separation speed control was used, normally +/_ 260kt IAS Despite this being a standard clearance there were always those who felt it shouldn't aply to them. The clearance then became, "The number is 260. Descend to it, reduce to it, or turn to it." i.e. expect vectors to the back of the stream. it didn't have to be said often. Similarly AMS deps to the South used to have a restriction to cross WOODY FL190+; however a Dutch Caravelle operator regularly only made about FL140 there whilst reporting passing FL190. it came as a great surprise when we got Mode C !!