PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet Airways Pilots Strike
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2009, 06:10
Wannabe Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A previous link giving an objective view was deleted by the MODS. So to keep it simple

It is not a strike, they have taken casual leave. This is permitted for 2 days under Indian law and guess what they get paid for it under Indian Law. If they wanted to stand up for what they believe they should also have the guts to go on strike instead of taking such an escapist and disruptive route. Give ample notice allow company to plan and respond and do it in a civilized manner.

Unions were good in the past especially for blue collar workers to defend their rights. In this day and age see where the auto unions have led the US car industry. Other posts on AI and their bloated staff are the result of unions there.

Why after all these years form a Union. I find it hard to believe pilots are being given an unsafe environment to work in or being over worked. Politics is a good paymaster and I suspect 2 senior captains seem to have such aspirations. This will lead all including Jet down the Tube.....

Overall if you read the media reports and public reaction the Pilots have come out as the "bad Boys" in this. Very very sad that in such hard times when the losses are a published fact good employees of companies cause further losses, grief and trauma on poor guidance.

I suspect the ex pats are staying away from this cause they know in the end it is about $$$$'s and in some of the countries where they are from the unemployment situation needs no explanation. I guess it would take some people a soup line to explain what it means to struggle to survive and what it means to be plain greedy.