PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Amerijet Strike!
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2009, 01:43
ugwhatajob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Islam

Bit of advice... You should learn to shut up when ahead.

I will just figure you're a bit younger by some of the rants you have going on here...

Walk a mile in their shoes? Some of us have probably worn off more tread from the loafers building up this profession just to see it sold out by the next generation than you could ever imagine. Not all, mind you, but some.

I have certainly paid enough union dues in my day to come to the conclusions I have posted here. Big labor could care less about your bottom feeder dues. It's not enough to fill their coffee fund. Do some research! Actually have paid dues to more than one big union, only to have ended my career flying in a far away place, non union. Yep, those big unions worked me and my coworkers right out of a job. Money well spent, hugh?

Research how many ex Eastern "scabs" are now dues payin' folk. Your scab lists are fantasy ploys within a few years as stated before. ALPA and the likes know money is green no matter where it comes from.

Never felt a need to place the kiddos on the picket line, especially with some of the hotheads and safety concerns involved.

Never wore a Captain's hat, until of course, there I was walking probably closer to 10 miles in their shoes years ago.

Never!, and I mean never, would have stood in front of a camera all "gangsta" like spouting my cause (which agreeably is a good one) with out at least borrowing one of my fellow picketers ties.

Never would have made myself an informal spokesman for the group such as you have just to try and undermind the thought processes of those that have actually run the whole d@mn marathon in their shoes over the years.

To be treated as professionals, BE PROFESSIONALS! And know when to just shut up.