PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA's revised GAAP procedures.
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2009, 01:33
Capn Bloggs

Received 85 Likes on 49 Posts
Leadsled,
I said:
So what do you think of no-speakeees VFRs who only want E airspace so they can go wherever they please through terminal areas, mixing it with A380s and the like, with no consideration for others?
You said:
Absolute rubbish, and I am certain you know it, putting up such ridiculous propositions smack of desperation, having run out of any logical and coherent arguments.
Abuse me if you wish. My comment is exactly what E airspace is all about, especially in the terminal area. It doesn't help IFR. The ONLY reason it exists is to provide flexibility and freedom to VFRs. Ask John and Martha King. One of the few sensible things they said on their roadshow a few years back was that "the only reason alphabet airspace exists is to look after VFR".

You're a stats person: how about accepting that the three Class E incidents within a few months of introducing terminal E in 2003/2004 are sending a clear message that the concept is flawed. At that time, we had upward of 30 big jets a day being given traffic on a parachute aircraft about 40nm from the airport. Pathetic and dangerous. A330 crews looking out the window to avoid a parachute aircraft. What a joke.