PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BRISTOL - 4
Thread: BRISTOL - 4
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2009, 19:45
terrier21

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello all, I haven't commented on here for a fair while as I now live a fair old distance away but a read this pahe on a regular basis. Just thought I'd drop some info in on the BE debate.

I worked at BRS for about 3 and a half years working for Servisair, BA and the BRS themselves. I Appologise in advance but can't remember exact dates (A lot has happened since I left!!!) Just before I left Servisair for BA I went on a training course held by BE with several BE big wigs over at the old terminal building and, immpression would not be the strongest word more like we were drilled and told that BE were about to release a major expansion at BRS. I left moving onto BA working for them at the time of Concorde's last flight and after a time moved on to work for BRS.

I was quite suprised when BE didn't introduce the routes they were informing they were going to do but at the time I thought nothing of it. Then we were briefed that the owners of BRS were planning to take over Exeter and it would be used as a second Bristol with regular flights and an increased operation from there which would complement the Bristol routes and destinations. This was also the reason, informed, why BE did not expand from BRS because they were at the time under the immpression that Exeter and BRS would effictivly be as one (all be it with the distance).

Then as you are probably aware the competition commission came in and ended that possibility and since then EZY have increased BA were bought out and Rip of Air have set up a base.

Quick rant while I'm here just tried to book FR tickets to SZG from my now local ish Standsted, mate booked tickets same flight etc for him and partner and payed £80 when I tried to book (I have my first baby due in 2 weeks) it cost the same for me and my wife but total price with baby was £327 and you get no seat, no luggage, no online check-in!!! So off to LGW now with BA for £220 all in!!! By the way checked FlyBe from Southampton and Exeter and it was £420+ still rather do that tan FR though who have just lost another customer for life!

Rant over and all the best to those I have left behind in and around Lulsgate Bottom

T21