PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2009, 19:05
TheBeak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clearly you are part of the Labour party voting do as I say, not as I do brigade BigJarv, given only a couple of years ago you were saying the following about CTC:

I've given up on CTC. Went to the BALPA Employment Oppertunities Conference and although I hate to be doom and gloom, the general message was that recruitment across the board was going to be very flat this year
(2008) in the UK but expect it to pick up the year after. Not good news as far as hold pool is concerned and think CTC are going to get a hammering on their reputation for bad judgement. May well be deserved. No longer can they say that "we are so reliable and trustworthy that even after 9/11 the longest one of our cadets waited was 9 months" (I was told this!). They had all our trust but it's fading. Great shame really as I though it was one of the only companies out there I respected for trying to change the game for the benefit of us pilot types.
And having a pop at me about my consistency and reiteration of the same point is rich coming from someone who has made an excessive amount of posts proclaiming 'get a head for the sky'.

You are giving your advice, I am giving mine. Accept it.

Lesgonard:

just the repetitive and verbose manner
So you must be bored of BigJarv too then. And stop using big words, you clearly don't understand the meaning of the word to describe my advice Vitriolic? You little flower. Open your eyes. Wake up. Don't dare go near the real world will you.

If I was spending 100K I would want all the facts on which to base my decision !?
Repaying £1000 a month for the next 10 years is a big commitment !
Exactly Air_One and that is one of the points. And it is nearer £1300 at the low interest rates.

What if CTC closed up shop now?
Exactly. And my opinion, though it is only my opinion, is that if they do not place new pilots (not FlexiCrew guys and girls) by April 2010, this company will be in dire trouble. I'd strongly recommend holding fire to any potential trainee and waiting and seeing what happens around that time. It may be great news. It probably wont be. There is quite a long term to your commitment to the company, and, just like being an airline pilot, you are going to need to think well ahead of the 'aircraft'. Is this company really going to be around in 2 years time? Really? Talk is cheap. Let's see some action shall we.

Why am I saying this? Because they have chosen to market their fantastic past employment records and use them to hook new customers in. They perhaps do not guarantee anything. They do however 'heavily imply' it in the words of our friend Dave. Sure if it was £50 or even £4000 I wouldn't be bothered to write on here. But it is smart, ambitious peoples futures and large sums of money which, in the most part, are secured against families homes. The potential and unfortunately probable consequences don't bare thinking about. Let's see who feels vitriolic then shall we?

I'll second Portsides comment, listen to Zippy Monster if you want a less Vitriolic tone to things. And cheers Rollerboy.