PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New Chinese narrowbody, would you take the helm?
Old 8th Sep 2009, 15:17
leewan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Has it gone through the FAA and EASA tests yet ?
Based on my experience with China made electrical products, I would stay away from them. Had a fan a few months old almost catching fire. A MP3 player going kaput after just a few months.
Generally, these products are cheap knockoffs from their western counterparts. On the exterior they look almost the same, but on the inside, the parts are always inferior leading to their short lives. Basically, you pay peanuts, you get monkeys.

Also, it's not a matter of where it's made, but who's managing the plant. I would feel safer if there was some sort of official collaboration or technical sharing from Boeing or Airbus.

I know, it's a politically incorrect statement to say an aircraft is unsafe just because of where it's made or the nationality of the people making it.. But, there have been numerous times when products from China came out on the news for the wrong reasons. E.g: melamine laced foods, industrial additives laced medicine, structurally unsound buildings. Their QC is non-existent.

Hope that C919 would prove me wrong. Only time would tell.

Last edited by leewan; 8th Sep 2009 at 15:30.