PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 6
Thread: Ryanair - 6
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2009, 14:58
EI-BUD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here is an ideal scenario; Ryanair take over Aer Lingus and Wizz Air. They run 2 separate airlines Ryanair and Aer Lingus + Wizz as the other.

Aer Lingus/Wizz all Airbus and Ryanair all Boeing. Wizz brand disappears, WizzAir website will be used systematically for bookings in markets that Aer Lingus brand is not well known.

The 2 carriers grow and Aer Lingus gets access to lots of new markets without the threat of Ryanair.

someone else copying the model
I cant see Ryanair becoming rebranded any time soon, they will get stronger and stronger and I simply cant see any 'new' airline coming in to replicate the model and be more customer focussed (we already have Easyjet Wizz etc!!). The scene has been set and the arrival of any new significant players in Europe any time soon us unlikely, unless of course Ryanair have a serious accident and the masses avoid same.

I was in Bratislava this week and am amazed at the gaps that have been left by SkyEuropes departure. Rome, Paris, Manchester etc. 10 routes that SkyEurope operated exclusively now have no replacement airlines. Some of these must be of interest to Wizz/Ryanair?

I read in the airport timetable, there are 32 scheduled destinations (pre SkyEurope closure) now thats 22!!!