PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK - 5
Thread: CORK - 5
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2009, 12:24
en2r

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2 hours on the ground isn't great utilisation ... there are several other examples in the timetable, that was just one I pointed out for example. I've always thought EI were crazy not to operate to LGW from ORK. At one point, EZ had 3 daily flight and FR had 3 daily flights. Surely EI could profitably operate to LGW - perhaps a morning flight that could connect to the afteroon departures from LGW, and an evening flight ... One can dream

My core point is that the winter timetable from ORK isnt a tight as it could be. You'd never see FR leave an aircraft for 2 hours on the ground during the day
But you're wrong, there are no 2 hour turnarounds. Your figures have a good few mistakes. For example:
plane 2 06:10 - 08:55 (AMS) ?? 10:50 - 13:25 (CDG) 15:30 - 00:30 (TFS)
Amsterdam doesn't return until 10.15. There is then just a 35 minute turnaround before operating to Paris-CDG. The Paris flight doesn't return until 14.45, before operating the Tenerife just 45 minutes later, and doesn't arrive back in Cork until after midnight. I'd consider that the absolute maximum utilisation you can get from an aircraft.
@brian_dromey

Ah, you see, this is where your attention to detail need some work

For example- there are some anomalies in the timetable, for example 10:50 - 13:25 (CDG) 15:30 - 00:20 (ACE), thats nearly 2 hours on the ground, plus on a tuesday evening there is an aircraft grounded from 20:35(BCN). There are several more examples like this
I think its your attention to detail that needs work. Again, you're wrong. The Barcelona doesn't return until 23.10 every day it operates. Also (as mentioned above) the Paris doesn't land back in Cork until 14.45 each day so you have that wrong as well.

There are absolutely no 2 hour turnarounds with any of the Cork based aircraft, I repeat none. The last aircraft to depart is the LHR at 7.30 in the morning (and that late departure is due to LHR slots), and the first back is the Birmingham at 21.25. The Cork based Ryanair aircraft has much worse utilisation than any of the Cork based Aer Lingus aircraft, and spends a lot more time on the ground. I think you should get your facts right before making anymore incorrect posts.