PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - More 747's for European
View Single Post
Old 5th Jun 2002, 00:29
MR WIBBLE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello Boys and Girls and citizens of Wibble

It is very nice to see you all being nice and positive about European. It makes a good change and long may it continue. The company has its ups and downs just like any other airline but this bunch know you by name rather than number which is the all important thing in this day and age.

The deal for the simulator has been done already and will be delivered shortly and will be up and running soon afterwards. I think from what has been said that they will be converting some of the 737 guys onto the 747 in the long term. Part of the reason that this operation was up and running as quick as it was is because the CAA insisted on European hiring experienced crew and pilots.

Not heard of the Minardi base being closed down although there were rumours that they were struggling financially but if that was the case then where did they get the money to buy more 747's? I can't see any changes to Minardi yet but what this space.

Apparently all the 1-11's are up for sale exept one which will be re-configured, re-engined and generally improved so as to become the bosses own plane, once again this has been talked about for a while but we shall wait and see whether this happens or not.

I guess nobody actually knows how much the 747's were brought for, I've heard varied prices rangein from £300,000 to $1million to £1million up to £1.5million per aircraft. My guess is nobody actually know exept the Boss and whoever is in charge of the accounts at european and the people concerned at BA. It is all speculation and gossip on that front, but hey, what else do you get in this industry!!

thats about it for now.