PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2009, 08:33
bigjarv

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm afraid I agree with the man whose name is a strange combination of letters and numbers! There is no disputing that the industry is in one hell of a tough place right now and aviation directly represents the state of the economy and so as soon as you see the economy improve you will see the industry follow and will it ever recover to where it was before etc etc etc. All very valid stuff.

This post however is all about finding advice on the CTC interview and selection process for those that have taken the time to research the industry and made the "bold" decision to continue with CTC. So what these guys need or want is some good advice on how to pass the interview process, not pages and pages bickering about what decisions they should or shouldn't be making.

If you guys want to spread the realities of what is going on in the industry and offer helpful advice then you most certainly should but start your own thread. Don't hijack this one and ruin what was a very informative and helpful post for those going through CTC's selection. Make your point on here but don't take it over. If you look over the last 50 pages it is just repetition mostly from "The Bloody Beak" (!) bashing anyone who had decided to continue with the process and pointing out how rubbish the industry is.

I only come on here every now and again to see if I can offer any advice I think is prudent and try and put something back now I'm employed, but every time I return to this post, it's never about CTC or interviews but about the state of CTC's balance sheets! Usually being egged on by TheBeak. He is the only constant that has been here beating the same drum for most of the last year. Point made. Move on! Even WWW, who's opinion is well respected, has made his excellent points and left it at that. Old Beaky could learn something here.

My previous post was partly in jest but there is no need to add that "They can save themselves and come back when the industry is a little better or not at all if they have some sense.". Now Beak is bashing my industry totally and I don't like that.

I suggest that someone starts a new thread (part 3) on the CTC selection and start fresh and see if it can return to the subject. Why doesn't Mr Beak also start his own thread about the pros and cons of starting your training in the current climate. I'd be keen to add to both threads and think they would both be very useful to wannabes.