PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2009, 06:38
Rollerboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey come on bigjarv that's a little harsh on TheBeak even if in jest. What TheBeak and others on this thread are doing is offering a viewpiont to counter the seemingly endless rubbish that pours out of Dibden Manor.

It never ceases to amaze me how many cadets and wannabees think they have a complete handle on the industry they want to work in. What many of their posts on here show, is either a lack of understanding, a viewpoint expressed by others who like to market their product and a sadly naive response to the predicament they are in.

That is not to say I blame any of the cadets or wannabees on this or any other thread far from it I, like TheBeak and many others want these people to see the reality of the current situation. The current situation is very very difficult however it will pick up the question is when.

You have to ask yourself why are CTC and other FTOs still running courses when they know many of there cadets and students may never get that elusive first job. The answer is, they like all other business at the moment need cash flow and the only way to guarantee this at present is not the banks it's paying customers. That means they need you guys to remain in business and at the moment I would guess they need a large proportion of you guys who will eventually fill the 'hold oceans' of the future.

What if CTC closed up shop now? Are the cadets protected? Will they get any money back? Will the directors sell off all the assets and run? Could the training organisation be sold to another company who themselves will not honour the present commitments? These are questions you should ask yourselves whenever or wherever you start training.

My advice sit tight and wait, the industry will still be there in a year or two, however the FTO may not be.

Roller