PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kingfisher rising like a phoenix
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2009, 02:08
wetdrops

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dgtl887,

I am not suggesting that this is only an Indian phenomenon. I am merely shedding light on something, that I know, that happened at KF to a fellow pilot. I agree with AriGold ... this could (and most likely) be happening elsewhere in the World.

At SQ and most other reputable airlines, expats are not just thrown on to the streets. Their contracts are not renewed and are advised well in advance of this. Regardless of the financial situation of the airline, their contracts are honoured, to the end. This gives a person adequate time to secure another job or plan ones finances accordingly. Unfortunately, this is not the manner pink slips were handed out in India. This applies to both pilots and cabin crew (ie; JetAirways cabin crew sacking, last year!).

Thank you Sky Dancer. You are absolutely right ... no other airline company change terms & conditions as fast as Indian airline companys do. To them, a contract is just a piece of paper! Thats why the Indian pilots cried foul and brought it to the notice of the Indian DGCA!!!

There is an aviation crisis all over the World (not only in India)!! It is so difficult to secure a job as most airlines have simply stopped hiring. The few airlines that are, are flooded with pilot applications. So, yes AriGold! If there is a job offer in India, most pilots would be back. One would be a fool not to take the opportunity. All of us have responsibilities (financial, personal, social and towards our Family). But at least, thanks to open discussions and forums like this, individuals would be more aware of whats going on where, when they take up employment!!