PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Upgrades??
Thread: Upgrades??
View Single Post
Old 4th Jun 2002, 22:33
TikkiRo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Upgrades??

Okay - know this is a bad topic and it's been covered numerous times before but humour me. I'm disabled and am booked on a BHX-JHB flight at the end of next month. I have a chronic pain syndrome that causes a lot of problems particularly since part of it is related to nerve hypersensitivity meaning that sitting on normal seats is very painful for me. I'm obviously not in any position to pay out for anything more than an economy ticket and in fact, have had that heavily subsidised for me, so am trying to ascertain now what the likely situation will be if I hint at a seat with more legroom at check-in e.g. an upgrade?? Is it a total no-no to request an upgrade no matter what or are there situations where somebody might look on the situation more leniently? Also, I presume that if I prebook a seat elsewhere in economy that it might go against me for looking for anything better?

Forgive my expectancy at this - more desperation in all honesty, because otherwise I'm likely to arrive in S. Africa in a bad way and can't afford to.

Anyone interested in taking pity on me?? Anyone involved in check-in at BHX (Air France) who I could talk it over with in advance perhaps?? Grovel, grovel

Thanks - TR