PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Which flight trainning school to choose????
Old 7th Sep 2009, 21:00
art deco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JB 007 - probably wise advice unfortunately however, by the time you finish your training the market may have improved. Flight schools need you at the moment - negotiate.

tomgee88 - clearly the expert, please enlighten us with a more detailed explanation of your sweeping, all encompassing statement

Paris80

Look closely at;

Equipment; how old are the aircraft? New or 30 yr old?
how many? 20-30 with a standard set up throughout the fleet? or are you sharing two aircraft between all the students? what happens if one goes tech? maintenance facilities?
Are there simulator facilities in case of bad wx?

Location; easy to get to? Accommodation costs? Transport provided? Good free airspace, interesting variety of destinations especially when you are hr building?

Instructors; find out some background on the experience of the instructors. does the school have standardisation programmes for the instructors? Are they full-time or part time? How long have they worked there? Have they got experience outside the circuit or hr builders with only 300 hrs more than you?

Facilities; New dedicated buildings or garden shed? dedicated classrooms with Audio-visual equipment or a back store room? Online study material and forums with online help?

Contact other students, this is difficult to do sometimes. Especially on here where a \'student\' could be an instructor/examiner for one school or another.

Weather Issues: Sunshine every day or weeks of cloud and rain? Days not flying costs you money in accommodation and living costs.

Visas; check you get help with this if in a foreign country

It is your money and you are the customer - good luck

PM me if you want any further advice