PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What is the best Airline and where is the Best Airport
Old 4th Jun 2002, 21:56
brockenspectre

Rainbow Chaser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

From an SLF perspective I find it hard to say which is my favourite airline. The most efficient airline was Swissair, as it was, - if you are flying Biz (as I had to for work) - your bags come off first!! Most pleasant? well that is difficult - I have found all cabin crew and those flight deck crew who have let me visit virtually all to be pleasant, helpful and professional. Only time I wasn't too admiring of CC was an Iberia flight (Madrid to Stockholm) where there were three of us in Biz and because the crew had very little to do they chose to do nothing and were very irritated when I asked for something to drink! The happiest? A BA flight from Moscow after my first (and solo) business trip there to find a pal in the lefthand seat at the pointy end... to hear Brit voices and know I was once more on Brit soil was great!

P.S. I base my judgement on flights with BA, Virgin, SAS, Lufthansa, Lauda Air, Austrian Airlines, SwissAir, Air France, Iberia, El Al, JMC, CondorFlug and (as it was) Airtours to long- and short-haul destinations.

As for favourite airport? hmmmmmm that is difficult..I am most familiar with LHR and LGW and that adds to the ease with which I can scooch through terminals and shopping. Airports are so different - for space but nothing to do, San Diego, for great shopping and good environment, Copenhagen..really dunno!

Great food-for-thought thread!!