PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAR Wing Finningley 1980's
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2009, 18:41
zetec2

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Whirlwind XJ729

Further to earlier posts, the Whirlwind XJ729 was at Finningley in May 1981 & was not a flyer at that time !, the group photo must be early July 1981 as IAT took place over weekend June 27 1981 when the Sea King ZA105 won Concours in the Sea Search comp, also we had the Sycamore which was also a pain in the rear that being an occupier of valuable bay space, remember GB, our beloved Flt Sgt George Brown but the other initials elude me, clues please ? the OX38 long since drained from my veins replaced later by Aeroshell 100. lets have more, re the group photo I have a few blank spaces re names can anyone help send/exchange info to fill in the blanks. Also "it's a small world" theme re SAR, some of you will remember my eldest Stephen used to come along on Wessex & Sea King flights/jollies usually chauffered by Brian Skillicorn, talking today with him tells me he has Paul Bancroft (3rd row up from bottom, 4th in from left) working for him on Rolls Royce projects, can't get away from SAR people ??? (would posters on this thread pm me your names so we can build up a list of SAR people out there - reunion maybe ???) Regards Paul H, Bicester.