PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - X-Plane 744
Thread: X-Plane 744
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2009, 16:44
B-HKD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HKD, I have looked at PMDG and heard it is great. To be honest, I've been intimidated whether I could fly it, wondering if it is too realistic for a "still amateur" at this. No? It sounds like we have somewhat similar experience. Have you had trouble learning to get the plane set up using PMDG? If not, I may splurge and get that sim.
I first looked at the PMDG 744 three years ago when i was 14. To be honest it all looked amazing but i quickly realised this was not another plane i could just start up and fly around with.

It took me a year of reading the AOM (provided as a PDF) till i started to understand certain systems more complex than others. Especially the FMC (flight management computer) and its various functions.

But three years later I have learned many things and I am still as interested as I was when i first got it. And to my amazement i learn new things about it on a daily basis , reading PPRuNe of course

So if your willing to put some time and interest in reading the manual then you should definitely look into purchasing it.

If you get it and have any questions feel free to PM me!

Leo