PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots : Regarding VHHH J9 & J1 TO
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2009, 16:13
Avius

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jeez...A whole thread for a simple question..Or so would one think !? I know, it's the "cathay way" to discuss things ad nauseam. Well here is my share of ..."it"...

I believe that simplicity is the ultimate sophistication and therefore I try to keep things as simple as possible (but not simpler).

It is just a matter of communication. ATC has no idea what our weight or performance on a given day is. Sure there are those controllers, that have been around for a while and understand the difference of a B744 going to TPE vs going to SFO. Unfortunately, ATC faces the same problem as the rest of aviation....the declining conditions fail to attract talent.

As talent is gradually replaced by some type of robotic buerocracy, we will face more and more issues of this nature.

So if I need the whole length of any runway, I just advise the ground upon taxy request or otherwise as soon as possible.

That way they can squeeze us in a sequence and by the time we get to the RWY there are no or minimal delays..

Worked so far.....

Last edited by Avius; 7th Sep 2009 at 16:30.