PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BRISTOL - 4
Thread: BRISTOL - 4
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2009, 10:44
Bristol_Traveller

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
M_V

That *is* a fascinating read, and as you say, less redacted than I would have expected. Having been interviewed for a similar CC exercise a couple of years ago, I know how things said in interviews can look very different in the final report.

It's interesting that the document reveals that the published table of charges for BRS is merely guidance. As a passenger, the airport charge for BRS always appears on my tickets at around the £16 mark, so I would assume the negotiations involve feeding some of that fee back to the airline. The words "net yield" suggest that spend in shops is taken into account. (I'd hazard a guess that LCCs argue that their passengers spend more in shops, so deserve a better rate. Where does that fit with FR's "no duty free" bags policy, I wonder?).

Sanito

As German/*A connections from BRS also interest me greatly, I've been keeping a close eye on the bmi situation, and it doesn't look promising. The indications are, currently, that LH would like not to be having to deal with BD, and maybe be seeking to divest it. That reduces the likelyhood of a BD operated BRS-Germany route quite a lot, I would have thought.

Nevertheless, given the debacle last night at BRS with KL canxing the 1054 and making passengers wait 5 hours for overnighting, it does highlight that there has got to be a better alternative for business travel to Europe. I'm afraid to say that I'm sticking to my "no KL" rule, and as a result, flying from LHR pretty regularly now. (I did EZY in from SXF last night, and got caught up in the KL chaos). I've got a whole load of European flying in September, and long haul in Oct and Dec, and would gladly have paid more to fly from Bristol. But not on KL.