PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Etihad - Wannabes & Recruitment IV
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2009, 10:30
racheldebuitleir

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hi fiz,

i think that they vary a little. There are different exam papers with the same questions in different order so that you cannot copy the person beside you. There are parts where you are given a small piece to read and then answer some questions based on it. It may look very simple and is very simple for a native but for a foreigner it could catch you out if you rush so just take your time and read carefully. There are multiple choice questions on grammar and there are essay style questions at the end asking things like tell me about a time that you worked in a good team or tell me about a time when you provided a good customer service. Its not difficult if your english is up to standard. If you cant manage it , then it just goes to show that you would probably have difficulty with understanding the training and the manual you know.

i think the essay was about one A4 page. They are questions that you tend to get asked in any face to face interview so Im sure you will have them prepared anyway but try to roughly prepare them in written form too in case you are asked those for the essay.

just brush up on the basic parts of english grammar that tend to catch people out very easily.. like Here and hear, they're, there and their, your and you're you know what I mean? theres nothing too difficult but its the little things that will show if you have a good grasp of the language or not. Maybe try to incorporate some nice descriptive words ( but not too many) into your essay- just to show off some nice vocabulary

It will be fine, I'm sure. Your posts are written perfectly fine apart from using some text lingo like "wana". Make sure you dont use lazy text lingo in the test

good luck.