PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Too Old To Make My Dream Come True?
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2009, 09:29
Phantasm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's a stupid dream! Wake up!

Only a moron with no financial sense would do it. It will be fun in the beginning but then it becomes a job. A job that might pay nothing or close. Use your energy on creating some real wealth and buy your own aircraft. This industry consists of 50% flight whores who will do anything to carry the once respected title.

It's a cruel industry, and yes, you are too old. At least to old to make any logical sence out of it.

BTW: i have a job flying jets. I'm not a bitter wannabe.
Christ, what's this guy gonna be like in another 25 years... get abused as a kid?

I'll say something now - maybe some people don't enjoy flying jets anymore, but I do, and I've been at it for as long as you've been alive jabberwockey or however you spell it.

What's more, I'd encourage anybody to chase down their ambitions until their grip is firm, because anything is achievable in this life, and on that note, you only get one! Forget this tripe about laying aroung on deathbeds, the answer is yes, you'll hit the mid life crisis, but then you'll hit the old age crisis, and you will regret it. I seen it happen to people I know, and I'm so glad I chose to do what I do.

I love it.

p.s. worth listening to the financial views, you'd be committing monetary suicide if you come out of training any less than a year from now, if not longer. Be wary. Look after what you've built and who you love. But play this game carefully, and you can do it, I've seen better success stories than this