PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Question about variable-pitch propeller aircraft & slow flight
Old 7th Sep 2009, 03:50
steve181

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't get me wrong I don't make a habit of performing 45 degree turns at any stage of or on any type of flight given they're not the most gentle way of banking an aircraft. I more or less mentioned the 45 degree bank for arguments sake with relation to my question about MP & RPM.

I felt like a kamikaze pilot with some of the replies I've gotten here & I pride myself on being the best/safest pilot I can be so was surprised to hear a 45 degree bank through 100 or so degrees at 1500 feet is seen by some as being dangerous.

I can bet some of you guy's imagine me flying over a city with pax & strictly performing 45 degree turns, that's not how it is at all, as mentioned I have made the odd 45 degree bank through 100 degrees or so on the odd occasion, but who hasn't right?

rcoight I agree with you about the margins thing but where do we draw the line? Only having Cessna's taking off on 4km runways because their safer than 500m ones? Obviously that's at the extreme end of the scale but you can see what I mean.