PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CFM56 IDG query
Thread: CFM56 IDG query
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2009, 01:40
subsonic69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
meow

many thanks a300dave, timothy taylor for the reply. that is the same as to what i know... I don't think think we have any certification for tampering with the temp bulb inside the IDG/CSD.

Aus_AF
WHILE troubleshooting the other day, does not count as STILL troubleshooting. even a 7 year old kid can understand that.

with regards to the problem, we did follow manuals and change the IDG, and after performing engine idle, and running out of options (cause the prob is still there) we decide to swap GCUs (because of the diagram at 24-21-00) .. and then boom

Aus_AF i know you are expecting the engine to blow up now. but it did not.

performed idle run, temperature is normal, we cant actually say the CGU is faulty since its working on the #2 ENG finely. Released aircraft with notes to further monitor #2 engine since we did a swap.

now mate.. back to your questions. I am originally from the Philippines, I am not denying it in any way. And sorry to burst your bubble but I guess you didnt read enough to know that I was mad because I have to work hard for my license and not like what others do to gain theirs.

how bout you sir? how many licenses do you have ? what type of aircraft are you certified on? there must be a reason why your country decided to hire a foreigner like me, instead of giving you PERSONALLY a chance at civil. Again I might be wrong, I don't assume. JUST ASKING QUESTIONS.

again CHEERS!!!