PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet cutting flights and jobs
View Single Post
Old 6th Sep 2009, 23:26
Norman Stanley Fletcher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Naughtimus Maximus -

It is hugely regrettable that you have been used as a cipher to disseminate eJ corporate dogma on a public site. If you truly have inside information from a central eJ source then you ethically should have offered it to responsible individuals affected by these decisions in confidence. Giving it out on a public site for the benefit of the media, other operators, Goldmember and the **** who thinks that membership of the Moonies or the Taleban is a preferable alternative to membership of a professional association is a bit much.
I beg to differ. By the small number of posts you have made, it may be that you have not understood the nature of what goes on here. Large numbers of easyJet employees (in this case) are expressing their angst and cynicism at management actions regarding the closure of the EMA base. That is absolutely fine, but many of the comments reveal a lack of understanding of the issues. It is entirely reasonable under these circumstances to give an alternative view, whether or not you and I agree with it. In the same way that the nay-sayers are not 'ethically' required to only share their views with their fellow travellers, any comments by management should not 'ethically' be offered to 'responsible individuals' at EMA (whoever they may be). This is an open discussion forum and many views will be presented on it that you and I do not like. Those views are nonetheless valid and are entitled to be heard. There is nothing I have quoted on this public website that our managers do not want to be released. This is not a site solely for the disenchated and disaffected to rant forth on their particular subject. Everyone can be heard and I am absolutely delighted to hear different opinions. Don't shoot the messenger!

Claudio - I think you are wrong on the issue of utilisation. There is clearly an issue of the efficiency of our crews. Believe me when I say it seriously displeases me to hear the comments of Jet 2 and BMI Baby's managers in the light of our departure. I am personally up for a battle with the opposition but we must put our strongest team out if we want to win. It is absolutely vital in the forthcoming discussions that neither side have their 'golden cows' that are not open for negotiation. I am under no illusion abut the significant errors made by our managers in recent years. Nonetheless, it is with them we must deal. And it is them we must provide with a cogent case for not leaving EMA. Bearing in mind that other airlines seem to have a plan, there is no reason we cannot either.