PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rules For Self Loading Freight
View Single Post
Old 6th Sep 2009, 23:26
obgraham

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Continuing on with my efforts to hold up the SLF side of this discussion:

Why is it that all the carts needed at the rear are stored at the front, and all the carts needed at the front are stored at the rear? We seem to have a parade of carts up and down the aisles as CC get ready for cabin service. Then there is always the situation where one "lead" has three serfs running to fetch trays, cups, ice to hand over to him/her (almost always "her"), requiring numerous traipses up and down the aisle. A certain flag carrier from Canada seems to be the worst offender here.

Some of us barely can jam our legs into the space alloted behind Joe The Immediately Reclined One in front of us. I know, that's a different argument: I'd gladly pay a little more for 2 inches more pitch, but evidently the rest of us will not. Nevertheless, we do at times intrude into the aisle space and expect to have to move.

Considerate CC slide their cart at a modest speed, announcing "mind your elbow" or some such. Too many heft that baby from rear to front like they're practicing the evacuation, oblivious to the trail of dislocated elbows and cracked metatarsals left behind.