PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IMC - what's the latest ?
View Single Post
Old 6th Sep 2009, 18:02
Fuji Abound

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Mountain rating is not a national rating - it is an EASA-wide rating. I don't know of any national ratings.
It is? You dont need it to land at any other altiport in Europe so far as I am aware? The only nation that wants it is France.

My understanding is that FCL008 were asked to review sub-IR quals to apply to all EASA countries, and since none of them accepted the IMCr
Really? The CAA say they support the IMCr and so does AOPA UK so I wonder who is not telling the truth. I wonder why we should be suspcious of committee behind closed doors - open govenrment, hmm.

A "precondition" for what? Not leaving the EU in a huff? EASA's jurisdiction is already European law.
Indeed. The poll tax was law, now there is a thought. Whether UK pilots have the courage to take on EASA will remain to be seen but it really doesnt matter.

Anyway, debate as you will, nothing is about to happen just yet. The gauntlet has been laid at EASA's feet, it remains to wait and see how they respond. It could be a very long while before very much changes.