PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cadet training- got Interview but am I too short?
Old 6th Sep 2009, 13:40
jonathon68

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CX has wasted money on training people in the recent past who couldn't physically do the job, when it came to a V1 cut in the simulator. Given that CX is flush with many more applicants than course places at the moment, I would imagine that the Company recruitment limits are being stringently applied.

If you really want to fly then give it a go anyway. Try and grow/stretch in the meanwhile. There are exercises you can do and lots of information on the internet. Didn't Frank Whittle (the guy who invented the jet engine) have the same issue?

Most flying careers have challenges and setbacks. At 18 I was told to "go away, you have got a heart murmur". I eventually proved them wrong. A few years later my course was cut during a downturn, leaving me to finish my training under my own steam, and then go out and find a job. But in the end I achieved my ambition and it was worth the effort and sacrifices.

If you really want it, then keep trying all the possibilities, and don't give up.