PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA's new staff travel policy from Apr.09
View Single Post
Old 6th Sep 2009, 10:01
ExSp33db1rd

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
TheOtherGuy

The travel policy doesn't say that

Yes it does. Those who have already been retired for longer than they were employed - the new policy - are now cut off from ALL rebate travel concessions, except that we have been " graciously " granted a stay of execution to March 31st 2014 - to " Get Used To It " - their words.

Well bully for you, maybe YOU will keep your staff travel benefits well until into your '90's, as will most retiring now. Unless of course you are just a jealous outsider, conveniently forgetting any perks that your occupation might allow you ? A company car maybe ? ( a widely offered perk ) Free coal ? ( if a miner ) Cheap groceries at the Supermarket ( if you work for one ) Many examples.

I took early retirement AT THE BEHEST OF THE COMPANY in the early 80's, OK, I didn't have to, and of course there was an advantage to me AS WELL AS THE COMPANY otherwise they wouldn't have offered it, one of the 'carrots' was immediate retention of Staff Travel " concessions " - it has never been an entitlement, well understood, even tho' my retirement contract spelled out my " rebate travel entitlements in retirement " ( their words ) - and now they are welching on the deal, and applying it retrospectively.

Don't bother to reply, it's my ( and hundreds of others ) battle and I don't give a st**f for your opinion.

( PPRuNe has an " Ignore " listing I believe - will investigate )

Last edited by ExSp33db1rd; 6th Sep 2009 at 10:14.