PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IMC - what's the latest ?
View Single Post
Old 6th Sep 2009, 09:19
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
421C

I started a thread called Scrap the IMCR or something like that arguing the fact that trying to save the IMCR would play right into the hands of EASA with those proposals that is what appears to be happening.

EASA would purely take what is available already in Europe, tinker with it a little and call that the EIMCR but it would not in anyway resemble what we have in the UK in any shape, form, or manner.

The other option in my thread was to make the IR more attainable to the working pilot who doesnt have the time to study for exams for a couple of years in their free time and much of it having little relevance in a practicle sense in flying in the IFR system.

The flying standards should be the same as the full IR but the study time more relaxed and directed at PPL IR flying rather than 747 over the world flying.

We all know the FAA IR is much easier for the time stretched PPL to achieve.

We all know that safety comparisons between EASA and FAA IRs show that neither is better or safer than the other but the EASA variety is more directed to a profession in aviation and on a sort of university study basis.

The big problem with all this is the PPL is given very little importance in the scale of things unlike in the USA. Many European countries had hardly any GA and many were actaully opposed to GA.

The massive costs imposed on aviation by quangos and regulators echoes what happens in European society which is obsessed with the big brother state so we are all on a loosing battle as our freedoms and individuality are eroded day by day

Pace