PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IMC - what's the latest ?
View Single Post
Old 6th Sep 2009, 08:53
421C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fuji, my previous post ccrossed with yours....

Now for the VFR pilot that is all fine and Dandy. His intention is to stay below the lowest layer
...however I think it answered it. The point is that VFR pilots everywhere else in the world don't have to stay below the lowest layer. They can fly VFR on top. So your UK scenario of the EIR holder getting into trouble is tested all over the world by hundreds of thousands of PPL holders who could fly VFR on top and have analogous issues about landing VFR - and who may have practically no IFR training if things don't work out weather-wise.

So just as you ask people outside the UK to accept the IMCr works, is it possible for you to accept that pilots can be in or above a cloud layer enroute and through sensible weather planning still land under VFR, based merely on the experience of practically everywhere else in the world.

As I said before, the struggle you and Beagle are having with this EIR concept should entirely answer the question as to why people reject the IMCr. People reject unfamiliar qualifications, and, it seems to me, the most militant IMCr campaigners are the quickest to cry wolf on qualifications and practices unfamiliar to them.