PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 6th Sep 2009, 05:16
Georgo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FSP

Guys & Gals,

Thought I might leave some information on here that maybe able to help future applicants out just like it has been an enormous help to me.

I started my application last September, and mainly because I don't live near a recruiting center, it took a while for things to progress. I was notified in July that I had been fortunate enough to be offered a spot on the August FSP. The 2 weeks were amazing and very challenging. I had a great time, met some great people and learned a hell of lot about flying and myself.

I wont spoil all the details for all you that are waiting to go down to Tamworth, but I will say that it is what you make of it. You can easily do nothing down there and just float by, but your scores will represent this and your only cheating the people that have not been offered a spot and who would of made the most of the oppurtunity. You are not going to be able to do what they ask of you 'perfectly'. But you need to show that you are capable of learning and able to listen. The more you work your ass off on the ground, the more this will help you in the air.

I was only home 8 days when I got the call from PSA advising that I had again been fortunate enough to be offered a spot in the October intake for the RAAF (as long as my eyes pass this Tuesday).

The flying you will do at Tamworth, you most likely will never get the oppurtunity to do again. So, enjoy it and make the most of it!!!!!
All the best.

Cheers.