PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rules For Self Loading Freight
View Single Post
Old 6th Sep 2009, 02:39
Final 3 Greens

Re the call bell.

If travelling economy, I would very rarely use it, in fact I cannot remember the last time I did. It was probably in the days when I used to travel long haul in Y and wanted a drink of water in the middle of the night, but did not wish to disturb the sleeping pax in the aisle seat, by going to the galley.

In business or first, I'd be more likely to use it to ask for my tray to be cleared so that I could get my laptop out or get a top up of my drink. As far as I am concerned, I've paid a premium for the service and my expectations are higher.

Of course, I wouldn't call for the crew member as soon as I finished dinner, but after 5 minutes I'd be thinking about it. I'll also let the CC member know beforehand (e.g. when they serve an aperitif) that I'd like the tray clearing quickly so I can work and not to worry that I'll be offended by thinking that they are rushing me.

But having said that, it is probably a symptom of poor premium service delivery if I'm having to use it, most flights I don't touch it, because the responsible CC member is on top of the pax management and anticipating what the pax need, so when you look up to see if there is someone to clear the tray, they are there in a flash.

The best service is so smooth, it is hardly noticeable, takes a very good CC member to make it so.

The call bell certainly isn't a kids toy and it is not there to stress the crew by 'aggressive' use.

Last edited by Final 3 Greens; 6th Sep 2009 at 06:10.