PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rules For Self Loading Freight
View Single Post
Old 6th Sep 2009, 02:02
Babaleka

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
But seriously:
  • There is no excuse for being anything but police to cabin Crew.
  • I occasionally like to know what piece of land we just flew over and found that recording the name of a town from the moving Flight Information map and then later working back on the Internet does help.
  • The Nursery : Happened once – lesson learnt – will never happen again.
  • The toilets : This is a bit of a dilemma and may open up a can of worms . To avoid DVT we are told to take “plenty” of fluids. How much is plenty ? Do Airlines have guidelines (I could not find any) and is so is the onus on the Airline to provide the water / fluid? I imagine that logistically and financially it would create problems but where do we as SLF stand ? I for one do not want to continually have to bother the CC by continually asking for some water. Bottom line is that trips to the toilet are inevitable.
  • Website “ Sometimes I honestly think the sites are designed in such a way that the User will give up trying and move on . Similarly the remotes for the In Flight entertainment can be confusing. The slot that they are stored in is positioned in such a way that anything but slight movement activates one or another button and causing the image to change or , even worse activate the call bell.
  • Going to the toilet without shoes on: In some cases gum boots would be more appropriate.

Much as it is difficult for CC from a SLF point of view : By the time I have got through customs (or Immigration – I am never sure which one it is) then waited while the person in front of me argues with Security about “why I have to take my belt / shoes off” and another who insists “that it’s only a small amount of fluid – why can’t I take it with me”. A smile as I hand over my boarding card to the CC and then I wait while some idiot blocks the aisle while trying to jam clearly oversized baggage in to the overhead locker and wondering how the heck he got it past Check In . Seated another person tries the same and keeps dropping it – on me . Then sits down only to be told he is in the wrong seat and then repeating the process all over again.

It can be trying for CC and SLF but I love flying and will continue to do so.