PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The CTC Wings (Cadets) Thread - Part 2.
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2009, 17:43
TheBeak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My point was - if trainees got type ratings for nothing, where else could that happen?
We just established they didn't get them for nothing Dave, I didn't miss the point. You are just dancing around it and sound like you have been spun a yarn. Have some intelligence, that is, the ability to understand. You aren't understanding the situation.

but they aren't giving their trainees type ratings for free are they?
No neither are CTC are they? Anyone who is in the holdpool has paid for their training and earned their right to be there - and earned there right to a TR like they were promised. CTC are not giving anyone anything. They are lucky to have the people, not the other way around. Learn it. CTC do not pay a penny towards your TR or your future, they make money.

Dave perhaps you can answer this one for me. Why don't CTC offer their trainees, complete with TR for free to the airlines but with the same pay and benefits to the trainees? I am sure the airlines would take more of them. I'll tell you why. Because that would devalue their product for the future. Yet it seems perfectly acceptable for pilots to do it. We have outgoings too you know.

Now with regards to choosing OAA or FTE over CTC. OAA are financially tougher and I can see them gaining these 'partner airlines' from the likes of CTC. They are bigger and have more resources. They will no doubt be able to offer the airlines economies of scale - take Jet2 for instance. And as for FTE, I have rarely met anyone......no I have never met anyone disatisfied with the service they received from the organisation. These people will go on to become captains and recruiters in the future. Where do you think they'll take their business? I hear nothing but whinging and bitching about Cabair and people don't seem over the moon about CTC on here do they? So where are you going to invest your £80K investment that is secured against your parents home? As I have said, I wouldn't choose any of them. And certainly not now.

Stop believing the hype. Now I see why companies spend so much on sales and marketing. I need to get myself in to selling the dream to people.

'Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive'

Last edited by TheBeak; 5th Sep 2009 at 17:57.